Tuesday, March 31, 2015

When your Doctor invalidates your gut feeling.


This was a great share from a gal who posted on Dr. Amy Myers MD site regarding how many conventional practitioners dismiss nutrition as a major factor in our health.
Alysia Weeks Thomas "So true. This past week I was finally able to see an endocrinologist for my Hashimotos. She completely dismissed all I have studied and researched about the importance of diet as "crap." She told me that there is nothing I can do aside from take medicine that will affect my disease. I left her office rather angry but feeling grateful that I had learned what I did before I went in to see her, otherwise what a depressing experience it would have been. She wouldn't even run the labs I asked her to. She just wanted to look at TSH and nothing more. So infuriating. I feel for the people that haven't heard of functional medicine to treat this disease and go to her only to be told what I was."
We are so pleased to be able to offer patients a functional and chiropractic approach to faster recovery and long lasting health. Working together through this alternative approach, our patients begin to thrive, succeed and overcome a laundry list of health issues. Contact us today for more information and get yourself connected with a lifestyle based practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment